On Monday 03 February 2014 04:53:55 pm Robert Jeffares wrote:
> I seem to remember some clever 3 resistor arrays that matched the output
> impedance and fed a single channel. Bit of insertion loss but enough
> isolation to avert the electrical problems.

 I've got the drawing for a minimum loss mix pad here somewhere.
 Might have been the three resistor thing....

 Something like a 3db loss, which is less than the combining gain !
 It does depend on matched source and load Z, something not
 likely to be seen with modern equipment.

 Personally, I always liked using a single channel balanced input,
 and feeding L+ and R- into to it, to obtain L+R out and let the
 differential input do what it does !

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

It's not reality or how you perceive things that's important -- it's
what you're taking for it...