On Monday 03 February 2014 08:14:23 pm you wrote:
> After lots of checking... I found that the XLR plug on the
> desk had been wired wrong by a previous employee (Hot and cold wires
> swapped on one plug) ... turning the channel upside down... and
> getting nullified when being broadcast. Sound improved when the fault
> was discovered and fixed.

 IMHO, one of the biggest dis-services commercial mixing desk
 manufacturers did, was to eliminate the mono monitor switch.

 Every now and again, even on network TV, you'll run across
 a spot that has hollow music, video, and apparently no voice.
 Guess what !?

 5:1 movie mixes are nearly as bad, where the background
 overpowers dialog to the point it loses all intelligibility
 except when heard on a 5 channel stereo system.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

It's not reality or how you perceive things that's important -- it's
what you're taking for it...