Hi There
We had a situation in our studio when we still broadcast on AM and
mono when we had an audio lead that program makers could plug their
Ipod or laptop in and play audio. it sounded ok in the studio speakers
but when broadcast on AM... it sounded hollow with the middle channel
missing.  After lots of checking... I found that the XLR plug on the
desk had been wired wrong by a previous employee (Hot and cold wires
swapped on one plug) ... turning the channel upside down... and
getting nullified when being broadcast. Sound improved when the fault
was discovered and fixed.

Many thanks
Geoff Barkman