sudo cd/var/snd output: password for rd (entered password) output rd is not in
the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported. changed directory to
[root@rdclienta rd]# output from chmod a+rwx/var/snd  chmod:  missing operand
after "a+rwx/var/snd"

Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:22:19 +0100
From: waynemerri...@thevoiceasia.com
To: gwill...@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: [RDD] No Play out on Cart Wall

    you can try sudo cd /var/snd (or do sudo su first then you'll be a
    permanent admin for any command you use)

    It might even be a permissions thing on the directory itself.

    You could open up the whole directory but from a security stand
    point its not always a good thing.

    Try sudo chmod a+rwx /var/snd

    If that lets you cd and ls to see all the files but it still won't
    play try doing the same to the files:

    sudo chmod a+rwx /var/snd/*.wav

    If that works then it is permissions and we can go about restricting
    them back down.

    Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia