I've recently loaded Rivendell 2.15.2 on CentOS 7 and am trying to configure an
older Broadcast Tools 8x2 switcher.

The COM port on the system is configured as ttyS2, Rivendell host serial port
is configured as /dev/ttyS2, I'm using the Broadcast Tools 8x2 selection under
"Switchers/GPIO" and everything is configured as follows:

"GENERAL NOTES: Control is done by means of an RS-232C connection to a four pin
RJ11 modular jack on the back of the unit (an adapter to a standard DB9
connector is supplied by Broadcast Tools with the unit). Serial port parameters
should be set to 2400 baud rate, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, CR/LF
termination.

The 8x2 should be configured to use 'Mix' mode. This can be done by holding
down the F1 button on the switcher while powering up.
Operation in 'multidrop' mode is not supported. "

Which I got that information from here:
http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/SWITCHERS.txt_-_Switcher_Application_Notes_for_Rivendell#BROADCAST_TOOLS_8x2

The Broadcast Tools is configured as switcher matrix 1 (local sound card is
matrix 0), on serial port 0, and Rivendell knows that it's serial port 0 is
/dev/ttyS2.  When I create a macro that performs "ST 1 1 1!" and run it, the
Broadcast Tools goes to mute.  Really...Any ST command ends up in mute.  Other
RML commands (SR SA) do nothing.

Any thoughts?  Rivendell is definitely sending something to the switcher
because it does mute every time I run a macro.  My guess is it has older
firmware with a different command set than Rivendell is sending.

Thanks,

James