As far as producing the "correct" result...That would be a negative.

No matter what the macro says, Rivendell always puts the switch into mute.

Executing a *140 directly into the switcher via minicom doesn't do anything.

So Rivendell is logging in to Linux as user "rd."  I just added the user rd to
the group dialout (which has access to the serial port).  Now rd can run
minicom and execute switches via commands punched into minicom (*11, *81, *62,
etc).  Rivendell macros fail though.

I'm obviously missing something.

In my mind, this should be really easy:

1. Install standard Rivendell per the instructions provided:
http://static.paravelsystems.com/rivendell-install/rivendell-install-rhel7.html
2. Configure host, setup serial port, add matrix as Broadcast Tools 8x2.
3. Fire up RDLibrary, create a macro, ST 0 1 1!
4. Run macro, watch the switch assign input 1 to output 1.

Sadly it doesn't work.  The Macro puts the switcher into "mute" state.  Minicom
allows me to switch inputs just fine though and it's using the same
configuration as Rivendell for the serial port.

James