I like that way too. We could have separate chapters for Radio,
Recording etc. The only drawback is the fact that the manual chapter
numbers will then vary between the targets, and as users tend to name
only the section number instead of its name this might cause some
misunderstandings. Not sure if that is too much a concern though.

I do though like the idea that you get a specific chapter for
recording if your player supports that feature. People, and we tend to
refer to numbering, but the manual being in draft/developing status
atm those numbers can and will change anytime.
My wish is that we could focus towards a future release where the
manual stays the way it is and the recording chapter is e.g. chapter 5
for targets with that feature, and for the others chapter 5 is the
plugin chapter (e.g.). This is not a big problem in my humble opinion.