How about a "voice WPS" function? When voice UI is enabled, we have an extra option ("Describe WPS") at the top of the WPS context menu. When this is selected, the contents of the WPS are spoken out.
Hi.
I don't like this idea at all. for the simple reason that at the moment speech is still tied into the main thread that deals with audio play back. if audio playback and speech could be separated then I would have no objection to such an option being added in.
I've no real idea how
to go about coding this (to work with the WPS parser, etc.) but I wonder if it would cover many of Daniel's requirements, in a way that's not-too-obtrusive for non-voice users?

Of course, I'm also assuming that WPS tags exist for all of the status bar stuff (i.e. time, battery level).. I think that's the case, but feel free to point out if not (or any other horrible holes in this idea).

pondlife