Dominik Riebeling wrote:
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Daniel Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The other thing I thought about while I was a way:
- Perhaps we could make a dir trunk/accessibility
Which could contain all accessibility diffs that developers aren't so
sure about eg. more menu items, or big voice files. And that way the
diffs would be kept up-to-date in svn...
So then all a blind user would have to do is apply
trunk/accessibility/*

I don't think this is a good idea.
I agree that it's not a good idea. By including them in SVN we, directly or indirectly, suggest that we provide support for these patches. They become "official Rockbox." That means we invite people to complain if they fall out of sync. Or if changes to Rockbox cause them to cease functioning. If they are something we want, then we should include them. If they're something we don't want, then we should simply reject them and close the task. I know it sounds harsh, but accessibility is a secondary goal. It's something really, really nice to have, but the primary goal is being a good music player. That shouldn't make accessibility impossible, but it will often require that it's done in specific ways, and including alternate ways that we have to worry about and keep in SVN because someone's not working on a way we will find acceptable seems silly to me.