Daniel Dalton wrote:
We could do that, or perhaps another way would be to put the
accessibility directory in the root eg just above trunk... So then there
is a sub svn check out server thing. Then perhaps certain people who
want to work on accessibility patches, could have commit access to that
source tree (only containing the accessibility stuff) and not the trunk
of rb?
If the patches aren't suitable for application to SVN, why should they be maintained instead of fixed and replaced?

Why exactly shouldn't they be worked on in the tracker?

We don't want people filing bug reports against patches we don't maintain. And any patches that aren't applied by us qualify as "ones we don't maintain." If they're in SVN, people will file bug reports. If they're on the tracker, people will instead, having got them from the tracker, post to their one tracker task with feedback making it easier for you and others working on them to find comments about specific patches.