Daniel Dalton wrote:
What about maintaining this compilation of patches on a forum thread or
on a bug tracker entry, instead of the SVN repository ?

We could do that, or perhaps another way would be to put the
accessibility directory in the root eg just above trunk... So then there
is a sub svn check out server thing. Then perhaps certain people who
want to work on accessibility patches, could have commit access to that
source tree (only containing the accessibility stuff) and not the trunk
of rb?

I think I speak for all Rockbox devs when I say this will never happen.

Rockbox SVN is for maintaining the official version of Rockbox - by definition, anything that goes into SVN becomes part of Rockbox.

And having two parallel versions of Rockbox (trunk and the version with this set of patches applied) just makes things harder to maintain and complicates things for users.

In my opinion the effort is better spent in trying to add the features you want in a way that the majority of Rockbox developers are happy with - then we all benefit.

But if you've already decided that your patches will never become suitable for the official Rockbox builds, then maybe you should consider creating your own fork of Rockbox, independent of the official builds, and hosted on your own servers.

As you seem to have got everyone's attention - maybe now would be a good time to discuss some of your actual feature ideas and patches and see if they can get committed?

Dave.