Dominik Riebeling wrote:

I don't say binsize isn't a valid reason. But it's kinda stressed very much

Maybe it's stressed much lately. But as already has been said, Rockbox
is much more "feature complete" than it was like two years ago, and we
need to decide how much bells and whistles we really want and what
(and especially how much space) we're willing to sacrifice for this. I
haven't seen much of a discussion about this here though.
Just a small followup on this point: Rockbox is also bigger than it's ever been. I think it should be obvious that binsize will become more and more of a concern, the larger Rockbox grows.