Jonathan Gordon wrote:

0.. like I said I barely actually use playlisting.. I'm just saying
you want to add pointless artificial limitations on it.

By that standard the entire existing UI is "pointless artificial limitations." I want to pick the single function for it that is most widely used in playlisting. Insert is almost certainly the most widely used and flexible single function without making the button configurable.

Instead of saying "we should make it configurable" why don't you propose a single playlisting function that's more widely used and usable?