Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

Or, instead of doing a poll, why not do it in the same way as the major file browsers do? After all, "normal" people would probably expect Rockbox to sort the files in the same order as the computer file browser does, wouldn't they?
I've stated my position several times: I think we should decide whether we want to mimic the file browsers or not. If we do, I think we should mimic all their sorting quirks that we can, rather than suggest we're "like" them but with our own choices as to where to go our own way.

If we're not going to mimic them, I think respecting intentional 0s is the way to go. Personal opinion, yes, but at least some people I know seem to think "04" is not the same as "4" linguistically, or really at all outside of actually doing math on it.