Am 23.10.2010 11:21, Olaf Siejka wrote:
> How will you convince anyone that such setup on ReactOS is of any
> worth to be used and what is more important - better to be used over
> similar linux setups?
> Right now we dont have enough manpower to keep testing ROS on a most
> basic level (its over a week, or even more since i managed to discover
> the broken resolution change switch... pretty basic, huh?). Starting
> another target will either have us split our thin resources over
> another goal (like arwinss did beforehand) so if we dont have any more
> people, we will be forced to drop work on trunk (our main goal) even
> futher.
>
> Regards

It's doesn't nccessarily mean extra effords and adding extra stuff. It's
about shifting the current effords into the right direction.
I think one of the first things we should have is self hosting. It would
be great to have a reactos buildbot running on reactos. ReactOS could be
the first real user of ReactOS. Next step maybe a webserver. Well I
think it should be good enough for the forums *cough* ;-) It should
serve as a positive signal, because why would anyone use it, if not even
we use it ourselves.

Another thing that comes to my mind is a Windows system diagnose and
recovery cd. Rootkit Revealer bootcd, something like that. but that
would require loading native ntfs driver etc.

But what we need first is stability, stability, stability.

Regards,
Timo