Yes, this is a key point, being better than existing setups.
Imagine how it's done with Linux now: You have a preinstalled Linux, say, dedicated server. Then you log into it using ssh, do aptitude (or rpm, or whatever) install apache2, then install php5, then install mysql. Then you go to /etc/apache2/ and start editing apache.conf, go to /etc/apache2/conf.d, hack something there. Then it doesn't work because it can't resolve fully qualified name, you go to /etc/network, edit text files there, then go to /etc/resolv.d to set correct DNS servers, then set up correct host name in a dozen of different places. That was just apache2. Then you proceed to mysql, edit hundreds of other config files and watching logs simulteneously in /var/log.

I think in the modern world, a person should remotely login via a graphics shell into Windows/ReactOS-alike desktop, and configure stuff there using Control Panel! Install LAMP using our package manager, finetune config using tools like WEBMIN and enjoy running your server. The only thing preventing people from using that way now because Windows costs real money and Linux is free.

I performed setups of Linux servers I think, hundreds of times, and everytime I was bitching about it. Last time was a couple of days ago when I was setting up a ZoneMinder server for 5th time, because precious Ubuntu package manager sucked, the kernel didn't support my capture card without guess what?! recompiling the "kirnel"!! And that I had to increase default shared memory size (I spent hours searching which line in which config to add for *ubuntu* to recognize that I want shmmax to be increased), symbolically linking stuff so that apache2 is happy and sees my zm directory. Certainly ZoneMinder is not available for Windows because Windows costs money and is proprietary. It's same reason I have to choose Linux everytime I need a server.

If I had the option to use a much better, modern and free operating system - I would not think even one second what to choose.

Did I convince you that ReactOS-based servers aren't that bad idea? :)

WBR,
Aleksey Bragin.