On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:19 AM, Ged Murphy
<gedmurphy.mailli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we not just looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't really
> exist? Is SVN stopping us from doing anything, or from changing to a better
> way of working for our project style? The move from CVS to SVN was worth
> doing, but is a move to git worth doing?
>
> If you think we have a use for git submodules, would svn externals not do
> what you want instead?
>
> I like git (from my limited experience with it), but as the majority of our
> developers work in a Windows environment, I'm not convinced it's worth
> moving everyone to, especially when we already have the git mirror.
>
> Although one real win for us in moving to github would be in moving our
> repository off of our servers and onto git's cloud backed service.
>
> Ged.

If your goal is to move it all off your own servers, you could just go
for BitBucket and move to cloud JIRA and tie the two together. Over
there, you can use either Mercurial or Git. BitBucket organizations
can have projects, which have repositories, and that multi-level
organization (unique to BitBucket) would allow for some interesting
opportunities in enabling people to work on different aspects of
ReactOS (application software, core OS code, build stuff, etc.).