I was already discussing this a little bit with Colin.

I must say I use (Tortoise)Git for all my non-FOSS projects, and I use GitHub for the ring3k project I am developing now with a student https://github.com/bragin/ring3k

Conclusion from my experience is so far:
- There is no bottleneck in VCS vs DVCS in ReactOS (considering amount of active devs we have now, and amount of active development happening right now) - GitHub automagically does not attract devs (We are developing Ring3k for a few months without any advertisiment, and "noone cares"). Oh well, I got a few private messages regarding development but that's it.
- For private projects GIT rocks.

So, my answer is: no, there is no need to migrate to DVCS for ReactOS now.

Regards,
Aleksey Bragin
P.S. Flame about which VCS is better may go on forever :-)