Isn't the small size of these identifiers the main reason why we have to
"map" the identifiers into an address?

It is still trivial and reliable and cheap to do this using the currently
existing DNS, using a small XML tag in the TXT component of the DNS
directory, just like William has his setup.  The XML code can point to a URL
or a phone number or any other sort of "address" and specify additional
parameters like hours of operation, transactions supported, etc.

If we could just agree on one way to do this... It does not have to be
perfect.  It does not have to be complete.  Maybe it does not even need to
cover all the possibilities.  But it needs to be useful/usable TODAY.

Just a thought...

Kepa