The OASIS ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement TC Web page
is at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-cppa/, where the
current draft (ebCPP-1_11.pdf) of the spec can be obtained.   An even
newer CPPA Version 1.12 can be found in the e-mail archives at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-cppa/200204/msg00055.html.

As Rachel said, the "CPP/CPA is **NOT** about a registry at all. There
is a separate ebXML specification for the registry/repository portion of
the ebXML architecture."  The examination of the ebXML Registry really
comes under the "Discovery" working paper group's aegis: Peter Barry,
Joe McVerry, Dick Brooks will be studying UDDI, the ebXML Registry and
Kepa's DNS "directory" recommendation.  Your working paper group,
"Elements of the CPP,"  will be concentrating mostly on what's needed in
the ebXML CPP to support healthcare, and should be able to be designed
independently of whatever registry (or registries) the other group
recommends.

I'll warn you, though, that there probably isn't too much in the CPP/A
specification that we can use directly "out of the box" - most of the
baggage in there is to support Business Processes and Messaging
Services, with nothing at all practically for "legacy" EDI support.
That's where we come in: as far as I know, we're the only folks who are
working to make the CPP support traditional EDI in a first-class way.
Except for the DeliveryChannel stuff in the CPP, you may be on your own
for defining partner capabilities as they apply to EDI.

Distributing PDF or Word documents seems perfectly okay to me, though I
know there are Linux pin-heads (no offense intended, Kepa) out there who
get all upset at the idea of using anything M$ related!!

William J. Kammerer
Novannet, LLC.
+1 (614) 487-0320