Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:58:51 -0400
To: WEDi/SNIP.ID.&.Routing[routing]@wedi.org.comp
From: William.J.Kammerer[wkammerer]@novannet.com.comp
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TA1 responding to non-participating health care providers

Just one more reminder - this time from the EDI-L mailing list - that we
have to keep in the back of our mind something almost no other industry
has wrestled with in EDI before: Unsolicited Transactions, à la
Open-EDI, from non-participating providers.

Payers will have to be prepared for taking in anything coming along from
providers - if they would have taken paper before, they can't put
roadblocks up discriminating against the equivalent Federally mandated
HIPAA standard transactions!  Not only will they have to make available
an open portal for receiving electronic claims and eligibility inquiries
(advertised in our Healthcare CPP Registry), but they will have to make
sure their translators can accommodate ISA senders they've never seen
before.

William J. Kammerer
Novannet, LLC.
Columbus, US-OH 43221-3859