Jeff Johnson wrote:

>> Though I did think that only the function vectors
>> (fmtFunction, tagFunction) were in the actual API ?
>>

> This is a still feeble avstraction for the XML/TAML/JSON spewage.
>
> The API I was referring to is with header tag extensions/formats.
> That API is too limiting atm, which is why you added an integer arg.

Ah, OK. Yeah, I added new formats and new tags instead.
(such as the :isodate format or the json/database tags)

>>> The --queryformat code -- while quite general -- was never
>>> intended for (but is handling) the spewage load that --qf is being
>>> repurposed for. Can't be helped, can clean up the trash any time
>>> its clearer what spewage is _REALLY_ needed, and a commitment to UUID
>>> and RPMTAG_HDRID and RPMTAG_PKGID is a huge step in the right direction.
>>
>> I'm not sure if there are any consumers of the current
>> metadata, so I'll just go ahead and change it I think ?
>>

> Go fer it. There is interest from UP in rpmrepo, and (iirc) cAos
> was using for a while. Otherewise its just thee and me.

Should be mostly fixed now, did some tricks where --qf
got in the way (such as the DBINSTANCE inside the loop)

>> The yum sqlite looks a bit off in terms of table fields,
>> and the wnh mongo shouldn't need to store dbinstances...
>>

> There is "make check" in place for popt packages that should
> detect the changes. Likely "off" because yum has changed, not
> the sqlite chema. The python pickle for dirs has never been done
> correctly, could be done with embedded python, otherwise RPM
> is written in C, not python, and the yium sqlite schema is useless
> for RPM and has an impossible to resolve "incompatibility" because
> of the choice to put a python object directly into the sqlite database.

Hmm, trying to find where this python pickle enters...
Did you have an example, I _think_ it's all fixed now ?

i.e the generated SQL does load with the Yum schemas,
as created by the "yum-metadata-parser" libxml2 code:

http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum-metadata-parser.git;a=blob;f=db.c

If it was about the "filelists", that was more about
dirnames vs. basenames than about Python vs. C afaik.

There's still some "file vs. stream" checksum issues
lurking in the repomd.xml creation, needing reproducer.

--anders