> From: "Joel M. Halpern" <j...@joelhalpern.com>

    > definitionally, there really is not that much growth left in IPv4.

Not necessarily; mind, I don't _know_ that there is going to be more growth,
but I can see plausible circumstances where there is continued substantial
growth in the number of routes in the DFZ.

E.g. if some organizations which currently have large chunks of the
globally-visible IPv4 namespace drop back to using smaller chunks of the that
namespace, and the chunks they return are broken up into many smaller pieces
for use by a number of currently non-connected entities.

The exact shape of the future can be awfully hard to predict. If you'd asked
people back in 1995 if we'd be here today, people would probably have gawked
at you... Never say 'Never'... :-)

        Noel