Hello,

I have downloaded RTAI and try to install it. I use a Debian 2.1 Linux
with kernel 2.2.5. I used copythere to patch the kernel (and checked it)
and compiled. The system is running fine, so no problems there.
RTAI compiled OK but when I try to insert the module I get these messages:

./rtai: unresolved symbol rthal
./rtai: unresolved symbol free_irq
./rtai: unresolved symbol request_irq
./rtai: unresolved symbol jiffies
./rtai: unresolved symbol smp_num_cpus
./rtai: unresolved symbol printk

Especially printk is strange, because I have no other problems with the
system. Also the simple "Hello world" module which uses printk loads
without problems and prints messages in syslog.

What did I do wrong??

Bas Benschop
University of Twente
The Netherlands