First off all, thanks for your help. I solved many of my problems using  the
mailing list and your recommandations.
But I have a new problem :
Under RTAI-1.6, in a real-time module I'm using shared memory and strings. I'm
trying to use the function strcpy like this:
strcpy(data->buf, toto);  data is my structure for shared memory and toto is the
string I want to manipulate.
I want to send toto to a linux process.
I include string.h and compile like this: gcc -I /usr/src/linux/include -I
/home/rtai-1.6/include -D__KERNEL__  -DMODULE
-o2 -Wall -c -o rt_process.o rt_process.c
When I make an insmod I got the error "unresolved symbol strcpy".
I also try to insert #include <linux/string.h> but it still doesn't work.
Furthermore I tried to use sscanf from stdio.h and atoi from stdlib.h, same
result,  and there isn't a lib <linux/stdio.h> or
<linux/stdlib.h>. When I include stdio.h I've got hundreds of errors.
I had to change the compilation line or it's when I compiled the kernel at
installation I had to enable an option?
I've seen on RTAI web site in the RTAI Beginner guide, the example 2 with shared
memory. It works well,
but data transmitted are float or int.  I need to transfer strings to Linux
processes. Does anyone have an example of this?

Thanks by advance.
Cyrille.