> But one thing. There is an error in the INSTALL message in rtlinux 3.0.
The
> patch do not accept kernel 2.2.17 as it says. It will accept 2.2.18. This
has
> cost me servel hour's. damn.....

I have been there too :-)  I intended to mention it on the list, but forgot.
Sorry about that, it could have saved you some trouble.

Another problem I ran into, when using c++ and using #include "asm/io.h".
When you are compiling a module, io.h includes other headerfiles, some of
which don't compile with c++.  Fx. variables named new and -1 assigned to
unsigned ( should have been ~0) and so on. Am I using the wrong header file
for the port functions (outb) or .... ?

Henrik