On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 09:54:18AM -0700, Pascal Charest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, if I can't call Linux interrupt handler within an RTAI handler, can
> I use two independant handlers ; one from RTAI and the other from Linux?

It is trivial to call a Linux interrupt handler from RTLinux.
But in RTLinux you do:
   pthread_kill(rtl_get_linux_thread(cpunumber), RTL_LINUX_MIN_SIGNAL+irq)

in pre 2.3 you need the simpler seeming, but nonstandard:

          rtl_global_pend_irq(irq);

Hopefully, you have a Linux handler installed for that interrupt and
then it will be  invoked.

> I've a driver that uses Linux interrupt handler.  Then, I want a
> realtime process that is calling by the same interrupt.  When I'm using
> rt_request_global_irq() and doing nothing in my handler, the system
> restart or all is ok ; it depends of the Linux driver I use.

This is exactly the problem faced by x86 RTLinux for use of the
clock which we must share with Linux.

> How can I activate, if I can, Linux handler using the same irq?  I've
> used rt_pend_linux_irq() in my handler but it may crash too.

If this happens in RTLinux, please tell me.