Hi David,

Monday, January 15, 2001, 11:52:11 AM, you wrote:

>> DY> I am booting with RTLinux-2.0. The reason why I do this high frequency
>> DY> (1000 Hz)  task in linux instead of RTLinux is because this task need to
>> DY> use lots of  graphics, big memory (60M) for object modeling, etc which are
>> DY> cubersome to do in RTLinux.
>> if you could do it, i will change my religion at once .... ;)

DO> I don't knaw about religion, but I've been running SCHED_FIFO threads at 1 kHz
DO> and beyond without problems on machines like Celeron 333 and P-II 400. (Any
DO> decent socket 7 generation Pentium system does rather well too.)

i tried to express that running a rtlinux task with the above
mentioned requirements (graphics, 60M+ memory usage) directly in the
rtlinux kernel without any user-app would seem godlike to me ... for
that i would change my religion ... ;)

besides, thank you for your hint on the scheduling latency issue (i
didn't expect such a response - more then 15 mails - wow ;*) ). if i
have some time available i will do some stress tests and will inform
you again. i am going to play around with some BIOS settings as well,
as i assume that some hardware may cause those high latencies.

does anybody has some hints regarding cache and harddisk
configuration (i have to dig into hdparm and stuff right now)?

cu
alex
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]