Hi Fred,

Frederick Cheung wrote:
On Nov 22, 3:39 pm, "Bill Walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The problem with specifying different version of Rails prior to
> >  v2.0 has been the inability to specify the versions of the
> > _other_ gems your app needs. Instant Rails gets you around
> > that very nicely.
> >
> You've always (or at least for a very long time) been able to require
> particular versions of gems. That functionality is part of rubygems
> itself.

I'd definitely appreciate a link or two to how to make that work.  That is,
I've never figured out how to specify the 'whole package' of gems that
should be pulled into play for a specific app.  And then again there's the
whole "is this plugin we're using 2.x compatible? thing.  I've got three
apps that are running on Rails 1.2.3, 2.0.2, and 2.1 respectively.  It's
been a lot easier to set up three distinct IR installs and work on each app
in the one that contains what it needs.  It also debugging easy when I
recently migrated a 1.2.6 app to 2.1.  But if there's an easy way to do the
same thing with one install of Ruby, I'd definitely like to know about it.

Best regards,
Bill