Hi Schalk,

I've noticed that myself.  It seems that at some point the what
gemspec file got corrupted or abandoned or your guess goes here in
gold.  You've got maybe three options available.

1) Find a pre-built gem in whatever passes for package format on your
os.

2) Build your own gemspec to acompany the available source, build and
install your own local gem.

3) Find someone who can provide you with some more options.

I might be able to help you with option 2 if that's the way you want
to go.  You'll need a c compiler and MySql installed.  I figured out
how to do it (so it can't be that hard) when I noticed that
mysql-2.7.3 is advertised but doesn't install on my machine and that
mysql-2.8 has been available since aug2008.

4) Actually, now that I think of it, maybe we could get someone to add
gemspec's to the source, or provide a simple way to do a gem install
without a gemspec.  That sounds like option 3, above.

Rick