Thank you, byakugie* ~*

Your link led me to the gem "schema-to-scaffold", which enabled the
following scenario:

The aim is to get all the components generated automatically, but based on
the database schema.  I did it my using the gem *schema_to_scaffold, *which
simply generates a script (one command in this case) that runs the *scaffold
*generator in a way that drives off of the database schema for the new
table (*users*).

1. Created a new database table, *users*:

sqlite> CREATE TABLE "users" ("id" INTEGER PRIMARY KEY

AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL, "name" text, "email" textuser);

sqlite> INSERT INTO users (name) VALUES (‘Jo’);

sqlite> SELECT * FROM users;

1|Jo|

2. Installed *schema_to_scaffold *gem:

sqlite> gem install schema_to_scaffold

3. Ran *schema_to_scaffold* for *users*:

[sunward@web324 x]$ scaffold -p db

Looking for schema.rb in db

0. db/schema.rb

Select a path to the target schema:

Loaded tables:

0. toys

1. users

Options are:

4 for table 4; (4..6) for table 4 to 6; [4,6] for tables 4 and 6; * for all
Tables

Select a table: 1

Script for scaffold:

rails generate scaffold User name:text email:text --no-migration

4. Ran the script produced by *schema_to_scaffold*:

[sunward@web324 x]$ rails generate scaffold User name:text email:text
--no-migration

      invoke  active_record

      create    app/models/user.rb

      invoke    test_unit

      create      test/models/user_test.rb

      create      test/fixtures/users.yml

      invoke  resource_route

       route    resources :users

      invoke  scaffold_controller

      create    app/controllers/users_controller.rb

      invoke    erb

      create      app/views/users

      create      app/views/users/index.html.erb

      create      app/views/users/edit.html.erb

      create      app/views/users/show.html.erb

      create      app/views/users/new.html.erb

      create      app/views/users/_form.html.erb

      invoke    test_unit

      create      test/controllers/users_controller_test.rb

      invoke    helper

      create      app/helpers/users_helper.rb

      invoke      test_unit

      invoke    jbuilder

      create      app/views/users/index.json.jbuilder

      create      app/views/users/show.json.jbuilder

      invoke  assets

      invoke    coffee

      create      app/assets/javascripts/users.coffee

      invoke    scss

      create      app/assets/stylesheets/users.scss

      invoke  scss

      create    app/assets/stylesheets/scaffolds.scss

5. *It **work**s!  *See http://x.sunward.webfactional.com/users/.

Amazing!

Next step will be to make a change in the database schema and see if/how I
can get Rails to automagically update its model, controller, and views to
fit.

Any how-to hints would be welcome.

~ Ken