On 5 June 2015 at 04:19, kenatsun <kenat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it would be nice to do in one step what I thought required four!  So
> let me try...
>
> 1.    Add another attribute toys.size to the schema (this looks different
> from the previous step 1 only because I have replaced my SQLite DB with a
> PostgreSQL one, named sunward_x:
> If step 1 is all that's needed, I should be able to bring up any toys page an
> see the new size column, right?  But I don't:
>
> As far as I can tell, at this point the app does indeed seem to be oblivious
> to the change in the DB schema.  If so, certainly something more needs to be
> done to update the app.

The *only* thing you have to do now is to add the new field to the
view.  Everything else is handled automatically.  All you are
achieving by running the generator is adding that field to the view.
Rails does know about the new field, it is just that the view has not
asked for it to be displayed.

Colin