I know similar topics have been covered before, but I'd like to get a
more up-to-date Ruby developer's opinions.  (Please note that I've
read similar threads in this group and read a lot of hosting
comparison sites, even contacted both companies and am still having a
hard time making decisions. )

After reading about limitations with shared hosting plans, I decided
that VPS is the way to go for me.  I've narrowed it down to Slicehost
and Rimuhosting after reading other threads in this forum.  (If anyone
thinks other VPS is way better, I'd like to hear about it!)

Here are my questions.
(1) What are your more recent experiences with these two hosting
companies, support-wise?  (Were they helpful when you needed
installation/configuration help?  How was the response time?)
(2) Which plan do you use?  (MiroVS2 from rimuhosting, 256 slices from
slicehost ...etc.)
(3) What's your skill level (if you don't mind)?  (developer, developer
+a bit of system admin, expert system admin..., etc.  I'm a developer
with a bit of system admin experience by necessity.)
(4) How easy was it to get your rails app up and running?  How long
did it take? Any major hiccups?
(5) Anything else you can think of that may help a newbie make a
decision?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Kumi