Developer In London wrote:
> I use Mosso instead of slicehost. With a bit of sysadmin skills you
> should
> be able to get your rails app up and running very quickly.

Good to know.  Mosso looks interesting, but I've never tried it.  FWIW,
I love Slicehost; never used Rimuhosting.

[...]
> They own slicehost so you dont get anything
> different, just a slightly cheaper price.

Not quite true.  Certainly Mosso and Slicehost are now both owned by
Rackspace, but my understanding is that Mosso is cloud-based whereas
Slicehost is a VPS service.  Quite different.

> I am yet to find any hosting
> company that provides a good reliable support, so you can forget support
> on
> whoever you go with. Reality is you are on your own and have the forums
> help you.

Again, no.  I have used Rackspace on (non-Rails) projects for clients
and been *extremely* impressed by their level of support -- quick,
comprehensive and capable.  Slicehost had a reputation for great support
even before Rackspace bought them, so while I've never had to deal with
their support staff, I would expect their support to be excellent as
well.

You're not really on your own with support if you have a good host --
they won't do everything for you, but they can be very helpful.
Slicehost/Rackspace is definitely a good host.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org