> [...]
>> They own slicehost so you dont get anything
>> different, just a slightly cheaper price.
>
> Not quite true.  Certainly Mosso and Slicehost are now both owned by
> Rackspace, but my understanding is that Mosso is cloud-based whereas
> Slicehost is a VPS service.  Quite different.

I've not used Mosso, but was just looking at them the other day.
Seems they are now Rackspaces "Cloud Server" provider.  This page
suggests they are not a true cloud... and some questions asked on a
couple of forums said they are just like Slicehost (xen based...)

http://www.mosso.com/cloudservers_compare.jsp

For what it's worth...