> Again, no one is stopping you from creating a Rails3 app.  There is a
> set of beta4 gems that are working fine for me and my colleagues.  I
> have found no real show-stoppers.

You obviously don't code in Rails. Google "invalid multibyte char
(US-ASCII)". Rails 3 beta 4 is not yet fixed.

> It doesn't matter.  We have Rails2 and it works great.  We have Rails3
> beta4 and it works well enough to begin doing development.  At some
> point the 3.0 will arrive, but it's no big deal if it's not today.

It's painful to start a rails2 app, if in "a few days" rails3 gets
released, that will waste valuable time porting the new app to rails 3.
Time is money, maybe not when you "work" in a university though.

> Who cares?  If you are unhappy with Rails then use something else.
> They don't care about your "business schedule" or whatever, and no one
> here wants to hear you complain.

As Marnen said don't speak on behalf of the rails core team. I highly
doubt they disregard customers/users feedback! And if they do, their
business will collapse.

Pop quiz:
---------
Greg Donald's statement "If you are unhappy with Rails then use
something else [...] and no one here wants to hear you complain" is:

1. Anti-democratic
2. Against the 1st amendment of the United States Constitution
3. Against article #19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
4. All the above