On Monday 26 July 2010, Ryan Bigg wrote:
> Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Monday 26 July 2010, Ryan Bigg wrote:
> >> As for the people who aren't good for this community, I so far see
> >> two of them in this entire thread and let me tell you: they aren't
> >> the people who are whining that Rails 3 isn't out yet. They're on
> >> the other side of that particular fence. Maybe they should leave?
> >
> > To get an idea of the impact that certain people leaving would have
> > on the community, I suggest writing a script to count the number
> > of contributions to the mailing list that the people involved in
> > this thread have made over the years.
>
> Again with the e-penis comparisons. Jeez.

I think you're getting this wrong.

> I personally couldn't give a crap (and you shouldn't either) about
> how many contributions they've made to the mailing list. The manner
> in which they are acting now is not beneficial to the community. If
> they were even decent members then they'd be decent *all the time*.
> Making x contributions to the mailing list doesn't give you the
> right to act in the manner seen in this thread.

I'll put it more plainly. I wouldn't want people to leave who put a lot
of effort into answering questions no matter how silly or misguided they
are (the questions!). That doesn't make what these people say and do
right all the time and I don't have to like it all the time.

> If you don't like that somebody is whinging because Rails 3 isn't out

Don't get me started whinging about things related to Rails. No matter,
we all in here are apparently still using it.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:mich...@schuerig.de