Hello,
I'm not an expert, don't believe me ;) But I agree with others: W3
basics are useful, because you won't understand the picture in Rails.

So first HTML+CSS+JavaScript, hopefully from The Source:
http://www.w3schools.com/
Here you found the standards.

I think it's a good way to check how thing usually works on the net,
so make an easy blog with a CMS, like WordPress. Don't involve deeply,
just write basic notes about your development. Use Gmaps, Google
Analitycs, Twitter, Facebook, RSS feed, so later you will know where
to find your way or what a customer needs for example.

Since Rails is Ruby on Rails: Ruby is the programming language which
used to build Rails, which is a web framework. It helped me a lot,
that I started with Ruby, therefore code is not alien. And the most
important: error messages meaningful.

Start it, play and try out everything you find, not just read it.
Practise is more important then theory in this field. You will study
the most from your fails, mostly when you have to rebuild something.

So the way I see useful: first only static pages (HTML, CSS,
JavaScript), then try out a CMS but don't study it much, then
programming language Ruby, then the framework Rails.

Additional:
Find a good mentor;
Change to Unix based system (MacOS or Linux);
Find out pages and webapps what you want to create - this will help
you to achieve your goals, you won't give up!

good luck,
Zoltán