On Sep 28, 10:09 am, -- -- <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> The closest "answer" I could find was that unlike HTML/PHP, Ruby needs a
> specific file structure (controllers, models, views)  ...

By the way, this is incorrect.
You are confusing Ruby (the language) and Rails (the web framework).

Ruby can be run as a stand-alone program directly via CGI or as code
embedded
within HTML (e.g. via erb).  In contrast, Rails does have a specific
file structure, etc.

And, as mentioned in another reply, there are other Ruby-based web
frameworks (e.g. Sinatra) that are worth looking into.

Dan Nachbar