From: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of -- --
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:16 PM
To: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Rails] Re: First time with Ruby - how to print "Hello World!" via
web-server

I watched the "Lesson 1: From zero to deploy" video from
ruby.railstutorial.org and... where exactly does he say how to make just
one simple "Hello world" line appear?

I've learned things about git, Github and Heroku, but if you ask me
where can I upload my simple one-liner manually via FTP to make it run -
I still can't tell you :(

I can put a PHP file with <?php Print "Hello World!"; ?> in it to the
public_html folder - works. Where to put which file to make it work with
Ruby - still no clue.

Still, knowing where the "Welcome aboard" page is, I'll take a look at
ERB and if I can put anything Ruby-ish <% here %>, it'll already be a
success... until we get to the part where I'd want Ruby to communicate
with a database.