On Nov 6, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Grary Stimon wrote:
   request = 4_000_000
   post :loan, {:loan_request=>request, :format => :json}

...finally the test log of the request is...

 Processing by Sec223fAcquisitionController#loan as JSON
The influence of the :format=>:json bit is ... ^^here^^. If you compare this to other requests, you'll probably see that they are "as HTML"

 Parameters: {"loan_request"=>"4000000"}
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 28ms

What bugs me here is that I don't see the JSON format appear anywhere
above. I understand why the parser would choke on
'loan_request=4000000', because it's not JSON.

Grar

the "as JSON" is that the response is desired in JSON format, not that the request parameters are in that format. You can see from the log output that the parameter is what you expect:
 params[:loan_request] == 4000000

What does the rest of the loan action look like?

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn
r...@agileconsultingllc.com     http://AgileConsultingLLC.com/
r...@gaslightsoftware.com               http://GaslightSoftware.com/