On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Mikhail Zabaluev
<mikhail.zabal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My favorite real world example is "%s has joined the chat room." The gender
> may be unknown (they didn't say in their user profile), female, male, and if
> you are really thorough and provide for non-human chat participants,
> neutral.

At the risk of being off-topic, many human beings affirm their gender
as neutral or as another gender that isn't male or female. I'm not
interested in starting a lengthy thread on this topic; mainly, I just
want to make sure that a comment that potentially implies that some
people who read this mailing list and/or participate in this project
aren't human doesn't go by unremarked-on. Everyone is welcome to work
on Rust, whether or not they identify within the gender binary.
(Recommended reading:
http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2010/11/26/disalienation/ and
http://genderqueerid.com/what-is-gq ).

If anyone wants to discuss this point further, please *reply sender*
and email me privately, rather than replying to the list.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt