Stephen Isard wrote in
 <19114-1622726775-764...@sneakemail.com>:
 |On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:
 |>|Well, the "problem", such as it is, is that I am getting the error
 |>|marker, but there is no entry in the error log.  That should be a "can't
 |>|happen" - the error marker is only supposed to appear when something is
 |>|added to the log.  But it appears to be happening.

So the problem with Microsoft seems to be that they really want
(even though it is documented nowhere) u...@outlook.com as the
user, so i have "set user=stef...@outlook.com".
So it happens that SMTP ends up saying "MAIL
FROM:<USER@HOST@HOST>", which Microsoft then does not dig.
That is a bummer.

It reminds me of Gavin Troy stating something about such things
many years ago, before we lost the man from the green island once
i welcomed Ralph with "welcome man from the islans", or somthing
similar.  Poor Gavin.  Who can understand that?

Well i never used anything Microsoftish since 1999, and that is
tough.  Maybe we just strip the user when we see it contains
a "@", i have to look through all places where we use this.
I actually have to think about this.

Thanks Stephen, for bringing this to my attention.
Just like the famous words from a famous song

  Aquí se queda la clara
  La entrañable transparencia
  De tu querida presencia

Well, that has to be said.

 |>      Obsolete *autoinc* (keep only *newmail*)
 |
 |Apologies, I misinterpreted this as meaning "no more autoinc, now you
 |have to use the newmail command".

But it still works, no?  'Should, though it would never use it.
(At least not until we would use path watchers or anything
non-polling.  But this not hacked.)

Ciao from within grey sultriness,

--steffen