Hi Stephen.

Hey but that i now forward to the list, ok?

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <19402-1629220328-848...@sneakemail.com>:
 |> I tried with my GSSAPI test bed and i cannot reproduce the issue.
 |
 |Ok, thanks for trying.
 |
 |I'm not altogether clear on how your test bed works and how it differs
 |from my setup.  What is your stmp server? I don't see an 'mta=' line.

postfix.  GSSAPI via dovecot SASL.

 |I suppose those are covered by '-Ssmtp-config=-allmechs,gssapi'.  There

No it is

  #?0!0/NONE#|kdc:/var/spool/mail/steffen? var mta
  set mta=submission://kdc.localdomain

 |is no smtp-config either in my man page or the 14.9.22 source code.

Yep that is "new".  But does not matter.

 |Anyway, if you set verbose=2, do you see an exchange of long strings of
 |characters?  Also, if I am understanding correctly, you are sending the

Yep of course the GSSAPI auth is a very long string.

 |successive messages in separate calls to s-nail, not within the same
 |interactive session.  It probably doesn't make any difference, but

That does not matter either.  I tried it from within too.

  $ (
    i=0;
    while :; do
      printf \
        'mail root@localhost\n!s ubject %s\nfor stephen, %s\n!.\n' \
        $i $i
      i=$((i + 1))
      [ $i -eq 3 ] && break
    done
    printf 'File imap\nheaders\n'
  ) |
    time s-nail -A kdc -Ssmtp-config=-allmechs,gssapi -S imap-auth=gssapi -#

  ▸N    1 To root@localhost  2021-08-17      /  807 ubject 0
   N    2 To root@localhost  2021-08-17      /  807 ubject 1
   N    3 To root@localhost  2021-08-17      /  807 ubject 2
  0.05user 0.02system 0:00.31elapsed 25%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 9128maxresident)k

 |that's where I am getting the success followed by failure.

If i append to the above

  2>&1 | grep 'TLS connection' | wc -l

i get 4.  And here is one:

  $ s-nail -A kdc -S imap-auth=gssapi -# -Y'File imap;Show 3;x'
  [-- Message  3 -- 20 lines, 789 bytes --]: