Hello Stephen.

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <19833-1629223458-79...@sneakemail.com>:
 |Breaking news:
 |
 |Connecting to a different smtp server some thousands of miles away,
 |still authenticating with gssapi, I am able to send several messages in
 |a row without errors.  So the problem is something to do with my usual
 |server.
 |
 |I tried setting verbose=2 for the successful server and saw that the
 |server's reply to AUTH GSSAPI was broken over two lines.  That is, I see
 |
 |s-nail: >>> SERVER: 334 <lots of characters>
 |s-nail: >>>
 |s-nail: >>> SERVER: 334 <some more characters>
 |
 |On the unsuccessful server, the error message comes right after the
 |first SERVER: 334 line.  I am not absolutely certain, but it looks to me
 |as if the first lines of characters are the same length in the two
 |cases.
 |
 |Does this give you anything to go on?

Hm well, there is a notion on such things with SMTP
authentication, IR (immediate response) for example.
The above however .. i have to look around to give an answer,
i have not looked in these RFCs for a long time.
My gut says the above is not right, especially with the repeated
status.  Normally server uses 334-TEXT but for the last line,
which then would be "334 TEXT", _if_ splitting _this_ very
response is allowed.  But two times "334 TEXT" is definetely
wrong.  May i ask what software this is?

--steffen