Yes, back in the 1950's it was a local hardware store that sold Flyer.  I
remember going there with my dad.  I recall the department stores carrying
Lionel but not Flyer.

Dan B.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 9:35 AM
Subject: [S-Trains] Where did you buy your (then new) AF equipment?


> For those of you old enough (smile) to have purchased original AF
> equipment when it was new, at what types of stores did you shop?
>
> My Dad is surprisingly foggy on this but it appears that as a youth
> in Pittsburgh in the early 1950s, he bought most of his at an
> electrical supply store.
>
> Also, I understand the now defunct Hudson's department store in
> Downtown Detroit would have a huge AF layout set up at the holidays.
> I guess this made many a youngster drool!
>
> Jeff
>
>
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to