While I do not remember where my first Lionel came from in 45...I do remember my 48 AF set...A 302 with pass cars came from Woodrums furniture store...My 50 342 set came from Western Auto store on summers street...My Coal loader I got at National furniture on sale...some of my cars came from Jacks place auto parts...I used to run from school down to the Diamond department store to see their large layout and display...Woodrums, Diamond, Coyle and Richardson also had layouts...Oh the DREAMS I had about what I wanted...This was all in Charleston, WV......Which reminds me of a story.....I knew A policeman there in Charleston would had a girlfriend that worked at Jacks Place...She was always giving him trains....He had just about everything AF made in 1950 to 53...All the sets, accessories, etc....Back in 1983 or 84...While visiting Charleston I called him up....I asked him if he still had his trains as I was collecting and still had mine....He told me of A sad story...He had been approached by A member of another city service and asked him about trains he had heard he had....The man told him he wanted them for his kids and he couldn't afford very much...leonard feeling sorry for him sold him the whole pile for 300.00...A few weeks later he ran into one of the boys and asked him if they were enjoying the trains....The boy replied "what trains? We don't have any, but my dad did buy some a few weeks ago and quickley resold them for over 6000.00!" Man was he mad....he told me then that if he knew I still had my trains he would have given the whole pile to me.....about a week later I ran into someone I knew in the area who delt in trains...he was with another man...when I related they story and how mad leonard was.....he said...let me introduce you to mr. ?.....hes the fireman....!!!! All of the years collecting I have always tried to follow fair dealings.....This wa outright stealing....Bob
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too! To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
