Got my first set when I was 6 months old in 1950 for
Christmas. It was purchased from Orange Blossom
Hobbies in Miami, Fl. All of my trains and accessories
were subsequently bought there. They all were
Christmas surprises, and my parents never took me
there (at least I don't remember it).  Orange Blossom
just closed up last year.

I remember my dad buying a Docksider around 1960 from
Grand-Way which was a discount store like K-mart.
Grand-Way was a part of Grand Union food store chain.
When I got the Docksider, I thought it was a piece of
junk because it was plastic, it had no light, it
didn't go in reverse, and it didn't smoke.  I was
spoiled by my original 322. But I loved to race that
Docksider around the tracks seeing just how fast I
could go with it falling over on the curves.  Boy it
could fly.  Still does.

Dennis
Miami

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to