Dad bought my 372 set and 484-486 set at a local hardware store in
Babylon NY. The 372 was a Christmas present in 1956. Then 2 months
later, for my 12th birthday he took me down there and we picked up SF
blue and yellow freight set. I was in heaven. Dad was too, I think.
Mom, well, she said I was spoiled, but she liked the trains. That's
when we started the layout in the basement.
Those were my 3rd and 4th sets. The first sets I received were a 312
set in 1950 and a Royal Blue the next year. I think those were the right
years, best to my memory, I was only 5 years old.
Those sets weren't purchased though, Santa Claus brought them. <G>
Tom
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/