Hi again,

what I just did was:

Remove the build directories for letterplace:
$ rm -r build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/sage/algebras/letterplace/
$ rm -r build/sage/algebras/letterplace/
$ rm -r build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/sage/algebras/letterplace/
$ rm -r sage/algebras/letterplace/

Apply the patch:
$ hg qpush
Wende trac7797-full_letterplace_wrapper.patch an
jetzt bei: trac7797-full_letterplace_wrapper.patch
$ ls sage/algebras/letterplace/
free_algebra_element_letterplace.pxd  free_algebra_letterplace.pyx
free_algebra_element_letterplace.pyx  letterplace_ideal.pyx
free_algebra_letterplace.pxd

So, everything is put in place by the patch (in particular, the pxd-
files are!).

But then, I get the same error as you when I do "sage -b". Strange.

Do other people have an idea what happened?

Best regards,
Simon